Cathedral City Cove Septic Elimination Water Source Protection Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Cathedral City, City of (City of Cathedral City)
- Document Title
- Cathedral City Cove Septic Elimination Water Source Protection Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Public Health is a responsible agency for this project. The Desert Water Agency proposes to install approximately 19 miles of 8-inch sewer main in public right-of-ways to serve approximately 1,500 residential homes in the Cove neighborhood of Cathedral City. The project will provide a sewer system to replace the existing, aged, and poorly maintained septic systems that have been identified as the source of groundwater contamination in the Coachella Valley Basin. The project will eliminate the use of septic tanks for residential and commercial uses in the community. The project was co-funded with a grant from the USEPA and a grant from the CDPH Proposition 50 program.
- Contact Information
California Department of Public Health
1616 Capitol Avenue, MS 7418 PO Box 997377
Sacramento, CA 95899-7377
Phone : (916) 449-5600
- Cathedral City
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15302 - Class 1, 2
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will eliminate the use of older septic tanks through the installation of sewers. There will be no expansion of capacity for the discharge of wastewater.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.