Cell-fronts Improvement Project at Correctional Training Facility, Soledad, California
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)
- Document Title
- Cell-fronts Improvement Project at Correctional Training Facility, Soledad, California
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- To promote the safety of staff and inmates at the Correctional Training Facility - Soledad (CTF), this project will improve the cell fronts/doors in the Administrative Segregation Units in O-Wing of CTF. The scope of improvements includes replacement of the existing cell fronts with solid wall/door units and locking mechanisms that conform to CDCR's Maximum Security design standards. The work will also include related modifications to the existing HVAC and electrical system; and a fire alarm system complete with a duct smoke detector for each cell, key operated pull stations, and audible/visual alarms. Removal of existing cell fronts will involve lead and asbestos remediation to safely remove and properly dispose of contaminated items that are disturbed through the construction process.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
Office of Facilities Management 9838 Old Placerville Road
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-3013
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project consists of repairs and minor alterations of an existing structure involving negligible or no expansion of use (CEQA Guidelines 15301). The cell-front project is one of a class of projects the Secretary for Resources has found do not have a significant effect on the environment, and therefore is declared to be categorically exempt from the requirement for preparing an environmental document. The project does not involve the use of any significant amounts of hazardous substances; during demolition, any lead- and asbestos-contaminated materials will be safely removed and properly disposed of.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.