Santa Ana Pipeline Concrete Encasement Under Metrolink-SCRRA Tracks
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Santa Ana Pipeline Concrete Encasement Under Metrolink-SCRRA Tracks
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- DWR will encase a portion of the Santa Ana piepline in concrete for reinforcement on property where the Southern California Railroad Authority (SCRRA) plans to install additional railway tracks. The pipeline encasement will occur within an area approximately 75-feet wide by 500 feet long (0.9 acre). Approximately 30-feet of the pipeline repair length (0.05 acre) will cross a railroad drainage ditch that flows into Lytle Creek (flood control) Channel. Soil surrounding the pipeline will be excavated and the pipeline inspected, forms will be built and concrete poured for the encasement, then soil backfilled to restore the pre-existing soil contours. The site is within a much larger area to be disturbed by the SCRRA railway expansion project. Most of the excavated soil will be backfilled, and extra soil may be used by SCRRA for their project or removed to an approved disposal site by the contractor. Storm water pollution prevent best management practices will control erosion, contain wet concrete, and prevent sediment release. The DWR pipeline encasement project will last 30-days maximum.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
Division of Engineering 1416 Ninth Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-4143
- San Bernardino
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15302
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project involves reconstruction/reinforcement of an existing pipeline by encasing the pipeline in concrete. The post-construction location, purpose, and capacity of the pipeline will not change.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.