Hillside Wilderness Preserve and Hillside Recreation Area Resource Management Plan (RMP)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Monrovia, City of (City of Monrovia)
- Document Title
- Hillside Wilderness Preserve and Hillside Recreation Area Resource Management Plan (RMP)
- Document Type
- FIN - Final Document
- Present Land Use
- Land Use/ Zoning Designations: Hillside Wilderness Preserve and Hillside Recreation.
- Document Description
- Note: Review Per Lead The Monrovia City Council adopted the Hillside Wilderness Preserve and Hillside Recreation Area Resource Management Plan on January 20, 2009 to guide the long-term management for the Project Area. Subsequently, the City Council repealed the original RMP to permit additional environmental and programmatic review. Since the repeal of the original RMP, various recreational and fire-safety related components have been added to the RMP by the City. For this Project, it is the intent of the City to evaluate the environmental and community impacts of the proposed additional Project components through and make the necessary policy choices to implement a complete and final RMP. It is anticipated that the City Council will choose from various options ranging from elements substantially similar to the "minimalist" plan adopted in the original RMP to a more robust use of the Project Area. The analysis of various potential Project elements in this document does not mean that watch or any of those elements will be included in the RMP that is ultimately adopted.
- Contact Information
City of Monrovia
Community Services Department 119 West Palm Avenue
Monrovia, CA 91016
Phone : (213) 978-1355
- Los Angeles
- Total Acres
- State Highways
- Various - Monrovia, Arcadia & Duarte USD
- Sawpit Wash, Sierra Madre Wash, Santa Anita Wash, Santa Anita Canyon, Clamshell Canyon, ...
- Other Information
- Waterways: Sycamore Canyon, MWD Upper Aquaduct
Notice of Completion
- Development Type
- Other (Resource Management Plan)
- Local Action
- Other Action Other Action: Resource Management Plan
- Project Issues
- Forest Land/Fire Hazard Noise Traffic/Circulation Vegetation Water Quality Wetland/Riparian Wildlife Growth Inducing Cumulative Effects
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.