Caltrans, Highway 128, Storm Damage Repair
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- Caltrans, Highway 128, Storm Damage Repair
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is located at two locations on Highway 128 near post mile (PM) 50.50 and PM 50.88, at the Sonoma and Mendocino County line. The purpose of the proposed project is to repair and upgrade drainage culverts and the roadway along the highway which have failed due to storm damage. Caltrans only proposes the repair and upgrade of two culverts located at PM 0.00 (county line) and 50.88, which are within tributaries to Edwards Creek, a tributary to the Russian River. The proposed project will include the installation of larger and more appropriately sized culverts and the use of rock slop protection (RSP) near culvert inlets and outfalls to reduce channel erosion and stabilize the embankments along Highway 128. The scope of work proposed would permanently impact 414 square feet of unnamed ephemeral drainages associated with the two culvert repairs/upgrades. In addition, 210 square feet of the ephemeral drainages will be temporarily impacted for the purpose of accessing the culverts' outlets. Caltrans proposes revegetation activities by planting trees to replace those taken during construction. Replanting will occur within the footprint of the construction area and stabilization of any other disturbed area will be conducted in accordance with Caltrans BMPs.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2835
Fax : (707) 523-0135
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sec.15301(c),Existing Facilities
- Reasons for Exemption
- Culvert repairs and upgrades fall under the existing facilities exemption. Existing highways and streets, sidewalks, gutters, bicycle and pedestrian trails, and similar facilities (this includes road grading for the purpose of public safety).
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.