WURD Water Quality Improvement Project for the Central Valley (Project); Grant Agreement No. 06-164-555-0
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- WURD Water Quality Improvement Project for the Central Valley (Project); Grant Agreement No. 06-164-555-0
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purposes of the proposed Project are 1) to provide funds for individual dairy farmers to improve infrastructure and manage dairy facilities that meet requirements of General Order for Existing Milk Cow Dairies Order No. R5-2007-0035, and 2) to increase the number of certified dairies through the California Dairy Quality Assurance Program.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
1001 I Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 327-9401
- Fresno Kings Merced Sacramento San Joaquin Stanislaus
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Sec.15322 For projects under Task 3, Fresno County is the lead agency under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) for the Astiasuain Dairy Project, Tulare County Resource Management Agency for the M. Curti & Sons Inc. and M. Curti & Sons Inc. Dairy No.2 Projects, and the State Water Board for the other 18 identified Projects and Tasks 1, 2, 4 and 5. Tasks 1 through 5 involve: 1) establishing Technical Advisory Committee to oversee application process (Task 1), 2) planning for approved dairy projects (Task 2), 3) implementing dairy projects (Task 3), 4) monitoring project sites (Task 4), and 5) conducting support, outreach and technology transfer (Task 5). The 18 identified projects (Task 3) involve minor alterations to agricultural land and will not remove healthy, mature and scenic trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.