Miles Jones, Staircase and Temporary Floating Dock
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- Miles Jones, Staircase and Temporary Floating Dock
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project includes the replacement of an existing river access stairway with a new removable stairway and removable floating dock and the stabilization of an eroding reach of riverbank utilizing a willow sprig bioengineering approach. The stairway consists of two sections of removable steps, each 15 feet long and 3 feet wide, which attach to three small permanent landings. The stairway will be installed on a denuded bank and no excavation or fill will be required. All work will be done above the low flow water level. The proposed willow planting will restore and stabilize approximately 350 feet of river bank, and will be mitigation for impacts of the stairway replacement project. Willow sprigs collected from Yellow Willow or Red Willows will be planted approximately 2 feet-on-center to produce a dense thicket. Arroyo Willow will not be used. Two areas of Arundo donax on the property will be removed using hand tools. Cut Arundo donax stalks will be painted with Habitat (a herbicide registered for aquatic applications). Native riparian tree species will be planted at top of bank and in areas of Arundo donax removal to provide shade and further stabilize the bank.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2653
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Repair and maintenance of an existing structure. Restoration of a fish and wildlife habitat area to protect and restore fish and wildlife resources.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.