Odello Blacksmith Shop Stabilization
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Odello Blacksmith Shop Stabilization
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Provide temporary exterior structural stabilization to the historic Blacksmith's Shop building at the Odello Ranch portion of Carmel River State Beach to protect and maintain the resource. Work will construct a temporary wooden collar along the two sides of the building below the eaves and gable of the 14' x 18' building; install six temporary concrete footers approximately 4' from the building (12" x 12" x 18" deep); and attach six wooden braces between the collar and the concrete footings. All proposed work is temporary and reversible. Documentation will occur during all phases of the project by DPR Cultural staff.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (831) 649-2862
- Other Location Info
- Carmel River State Beach, Highway 1
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of the minor alteration of an existing public structure, involving no expansion of use beyond current levels and stabilization of historical resources, in a manner consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties with Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring, and Reconstructing Historic Buildings (1995), Weeks and Grimmer.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.