Carmelo Meadow and Granite Point Trails Accessibility Improvements
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Carmelo Meadow and Granite Point Trails Accessibility Improvements
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Perform upgrades to Carmelo Meadow Trail and Granite Point Trail at Point Lobos State Natural Reserve to meet standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and to repair deficiencies associated with normal wear and initial design and layout. Upgrade trail surface to a firm and stable surface by installing compacted aggregate base along the entire length of Carmelo Meadow Trail (1,553') and Granite Point Trail (1,780'). Use existing native soil to supplement aggregate base where possible and to blend trail into the surrounding natural setting. Widen trail to a maximum width of 4 feet where needed. Decompact and re-vegetate existing eroded areas, areas of ground disturbance associated with this project, and abandoned trail section along Granit Point Trail. Install new small trail signs on 4"x" redwood posts at beginning and end points of each trail. Additional work on each trail includes the following: Carmelo Meadow Trail: Reconstruct trail surface as necessary to eliminate obstructions greater than 2" in height, establish a consistent 5% cross-slope (or 2" crown in flat areas), and remove any down slope berms that have been built over time. Granite Point Trail: Reconstruct trail surface as necessary to eliminate entrenchment, improve sheet drainage, and eliminate vertical obstructions.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (831) 649-2980
- Other Location Info
- Point Lobos State Natural Reserve
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of repair and minor alteration of existing public facilities or topographical features involving negligible expansion of use beyond current levels; construction and location of limited numbers of new, small facilities or structures; and minor public alterations in the condition of land, water, and vegetation that does not involve the removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees except for forestry purposes; included as "modifications of existing facilities for handicap purposes," "trail or road repairs," "installation of park facilities such as signs," and "trail construction or realignment" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities, in accordance with CCR Sec. 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.