Improvements to Churn Creek Corner/Shasta 299
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Caltrans 2 (Redding) (California Department of Transportation, District 2)
- Document Title
- Improvements to Churn Creek Corner/Shasta 299
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Transportation is proposing issuance of an encroachment permit, application number 0208-6LF-0187, to make improvements to the southeast corner of the Churn Creek Rd. and State Route 299 Interchange in the City of Redding in Shasta County. The work will be part of an adjacent mini-mart development. The work within State right-of-way will include installing a curb, painting roadway stripes, creating a landscape planter, and relocation existing traffic signs. Excavations will be no more than a foot deep. All work will be constructed in accordance with Caltrans Standard Specifications, May 2006. Archaeological and biological records and databases were reviewed to determine if there are known sensitive resources in the vicinity of the proposed project. Photographs of the site were also examined to determine site conditions and habitat type. Based upon this review it has been determined that the project will not result in a significant effect upon the environment.
- Contact Information
California Department of Transportation, District 2
PO Box 496073
Redding, CA 96049-6073
Phone : (530) 225-2084
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class5(PRC21084;14CCR15300 seq.)
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project will not result in any significant impacts to the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.