Petition for Temporary Urgency Change for Water Rights Permit 16482
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Petition for Temporary Urgency Change for Water Rights Permit 16482
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The critically dry conditions in 2008, pumping restrictions in the Delta and the projected drawdown at San Luis Reservoir has led to a critical shortage in water available for the irrigation of permanent crops in land within Westlands Water District. DWR is requesting a Temporary Urgency Change to allow the delivery of State Water Project water allocated to the service area of the Tulare Lake Basin Water Storage District to land within WWD to alleviate the critical shortage in water supply.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
P.O. Box 942836
Sacramento, CA 94236-0001
Phone : (916) 653-0190
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Emergency Project
- Type, Section or Code
- Existing Fac.-Class1,Sec.15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- On June 12, 2008, after assessing the full impact that the severe water shortages have had on San Joaquin Valley Agriculture, Governor Schwarzenegger proclaimed a state of emergency in nine Central Valley counties. The emergency states that the emergency exemptions in sections 21080(b)(3) and 21172 of the Public Resources Code shall apply to all activities and projects ordered and directed under the proclamation, to the fullest extent allowed by law. Included in the activities listed in the proclamation is the direction to DWR to file necessary water right urgency change petitions to facilitate surface water transfers. Thus, according to the emergency proclamation, this petition is exempt from CEQA.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.