San Jacinto Elementary School Master Plan
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- San Jacinto Unified School District
- Document Title
- San Jacinto Elementary School Master Plan
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The San Jacinto Unified School District is proposing to modernize San Jacinto Elementary School within a developed neighborhood in the City of San Jacinto. The proposed project would occur within the confines of the existing elementary school campus and would entail the following projects: -Construct a new 4,450-square-foot administration building and convert the existing administration building to a teachers' lounge and office for community-support services. -Construct a new 5,840-square-foot building to house the library, computer lab, and two classrooms. -Replace two portable classrooms with a new 4,400-square-foot kindergarten building containing two classrooms, teachers' workspace, and restrooms. A new kindergarten play area would be constructed adjacent to the new building. -Replace seven portable classrooms with a new 9,600-square-foot classroom building containing nine classrooms, a teachers' work room, and restroom. -Construct a new shade structure. -Renovate the existing hardcourts and playfields.
- Contact Information
San Jacinto Unified School District
2045 S. San Jacinto Avenue
San Jacinto, CA 92583
Phone : (951) 929-7700 x4222
- San Jacinto
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class14,Sec.15314, Minor Addit.
- Reasons for Exemption
- Section 15314 permits, among other activities, "minor additions to existing schools within existing school grounds where the addition does not increase original student capacity by more than 25% or ten classrooms, which ever is less. The addition of portable classrooms is included in this exemption." The proposed project has been examined in the context of this Section and has been found consistent with these criteria. Further, the application of this Section of the CEQA Guidelines is not barred by any exceptions set forth in Section 15300.2. Attachments to this Notice of Exemption provide additional detail in support of this finding. In addition, Section 150619b0930 provides further guidance in the determination of whether an action is exempt from CEQA stating, "CEAQ applies only to projects which have the potential for causing a significant effect on the environment. Where it can be seen with certainty that there is no possibility that the activity in question may have a significant effect on the environment, the activity is not subject to CEQA." The proposed project is minor in scope and involves the construction of a new administration building, library/computer lab building with two classrooms, a new kindergarten building, and a new nine-classroom building that would replace seven existing portable classrooms. The project would result in a net increase of 6 classrooms and would not increase the school's student capacity by more than 25% or ten classrooms. The proposed project would not result in a significant effect on the environment. Attachments to this Notice provide additional detail in support of this finding.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.