Proposed Interim Measure (PIM), Former Turco Facility Site
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Proposed Interim Measure (PIM), Former Turco Facility Site
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The PIM project subject to DTSC approval includes installation of eleven wells and hot spot removal of contaminants using a SVE system at the Site. The PIM activities would be conducted in accordance with the ERM PIM dated 14 January 2008, which is incorporated by reference. In the event that additional work not included in this PIM is required or significant historical resources are located, a new CEQA evaluation will occur. The primary objective of the PIM is to remove volatile organic compound (VOC) mass from the subsurface and reduce contaminant concentrations in soil vapor.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Brownfields and Environmental Restoration 5796 Corporate Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630-4732
Phone : (714) 484-5316
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15330 and 15306
- Reasons for Exemption
- - The project consists of basic data collection activities that will not result in a serious or major disturbance to an environmental resource. - Project costs will not exceed one million dollars. - Because the SVE will be contained within a building, noise will be attenuated, and the system will be secure. Permits required for the well installation will be obtained. - Decontamination water and soil cuttings from the installation of the wells will be characterized, placed in labeled 55-gallon drums, and sent to an appropriately licensed facility as described in the Work Plan. - Water collected from the separator will be pumped out, containerized in a 55-gallon Department of Transportation-approved drum and disposed of as Investigation Derived Waste, after proper characterization. - A Permit to Construct/Permit to Operate for the SVE system will be obtained from the SCAQMD. - The interim cleanup goals to be achieved are deemed to be safe by DTSC for off-site residential use and on-site industrial/commercial use. - The Site area does not contain endangered species of plants or animals that would be disturbed by project activities. - No potential to impact cultural or historical resources is anticipated. - The Site is not on the Hazardous Waste and Substances Sites List compiled pursuant to government code 65962.5. - The SVE system will be equipped with automatic shut off, alarms, and personnel notification in the event system problems or malfunctions occur. - The Health and Safety Plan from the Comprehensive Site Work Plan, Former Turco Facility, Carson, CA, August 2007 will be used in implementing in the Interim Measures PIM.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.