Shadequarter COM - Radio Vault Relocation
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- Shadequarter COM - Radio Vault Relocation
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project involves moving the current temporary radio vault approximately 200 feet west from its existing location on a ridgetop near CAL FIRE's Shadequarter Fire Lookout Tower. A 24' x 12' cement pad will be poured. The vault will be then placed on the pad. A fence will be installed around the repositioned radio vault. This project sits just below the lookout tower on a bench and adjacent to the existing Shadequarter Remote Area Weather Station (RAWS). The area of the new site is a flat bench with annual grasses. There is an existing road that will provide for access to the new site.
- Contact Information
Tulare Unit Headquarters 1968 South Lovers Lane
Visalia, CA 93292
Phone : (559) 636-4146
- Other Location Info
- Approximately 7 miles southeast of Badger.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15301(b), 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project meets the Categorical Exemption as described under 14CCR§15301(b) for Existing Facilities and 15304 covering Minor Alterations to Land. CAL FIRE's Tulare Unit has conducted a limited environmental review, especially to address potential impacts to cultural or biological resources, and has concluded that no impacts will occur. Documentation of this review is on file at Unit Headquarters in Visalia. No environmental impacts are anticipated from this project.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.