The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) has executed an amendment to Streambed Alteration Agreement No. EPIMS-LAN-34491-R5, pursuant to Fish and Game Code section 1602, to the project applicant (Los Angeles Department of Water and Power).
EPIMS-LAN-34491-R5 only covers activities associated with the modification and upgrade of approximately 17.5 miles of existing 230-kilovolt (kV) transmission line. Activities include rehabilitation of existing access roads, establishment of work areas, removal of existing transmission infrastructure, construction of new transmission structures, drainage improvements, site closeouts, and restoration of disturbed work areas. The Project was amended to include an additional 0.5 acre of impact. The compensatory mitigation requirements were also amended in the agreement to address the additional impacts.
This is to advise that CDFW, acting as a Responsible Agency, approved the project described above on December 20, 2023, and has made the following determinations regarding the project pursuant to California Code of Regulations section 15096, subdivision (i):
1. The project will not have a significant effect on the environment. This determination is limited to effects within CDFW’s permitting jurisdiction as a Responsible Agency.
2. CDFW considered the environmental impact report prepared by the Lead Agency for this project pursuant to California Code of Regulations section 15096, subdivision (f).
3. Mitigation measures were made a condition of CDFW’s approval of the project.
4. A Mitigation Reporting or Monitoring Plan was adopted by CDFW for this project.
5. A Statement of Overriding Considerations was not adopted by CDFW for this project.
6. Findings were made by CDFW pursuant to California Code of Regulations section 15091.