The Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC), pursuant to Section 25143 of the Health and Safety Code and Section 66260.210 of the California Code of Regulations Title 22, has issued a variance to Solid Wastes of Willits, Inc. to accumulate and transport treated wood waste to an authorized handler or disposal facility. The variance allows treated wood waste to be managed under procedures different from, but equally protective to human health and the environment to, the provisions of California Health and Safety Code (HSC) Articles 6, 6.5 and 9 of Chapter 6.5 and California Code of Regulations (CCR), Title 22, Division 4.5, Chapters 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 18, and/or 20. Under the terms and conditions of Variance TWW-2021-HT-00411, Solid Wastes of Willits, Inc. will ensure the treated wood waste will be appropriately managed. Because the variance activities are consistent with operations of a previously approved project, DTSC has prepared an addendum to a previously adopted negative declaration consistent with Public Resources Code 21166 and Title 14 CCR 15162-15164. The variance will expire on October 24, 2021 with possibility of extension for an additional six months. As a Responsible Agency under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), DTSC approved the above-described project on April 27, 2021 and has made the following determinations:
1. The project will not have a significant effect on the environment.
2. A negative declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA.
3. Mitigation measures were not made a condition of project approval.
4. A Statement of Overriding Considerations was not adopted for this project.
5. Findings were not made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA.