Lake Perris Allessandro Island Vehicular Access
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of State Parks, Division of Boating and Waterways
- Document Title
- Lake Perris Allessandro Island Vehicular Access
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project is to re-establish vehicular access to Allessandro Island at Lake Perris State Recreation Area. Due to the Lake Perris draw down it is not possible to off load to district's septic pumper truck to pump the sewage vaults on the island. If we cannot get the vaults pumped we will soon have an extreme health and safety situation when the vaults fill and possibly overflow. The proposed project will use Geoweb to stabilize the sand at the new location allowing the access of the sewage pumper truck. It will be necessary to excavate the sand to a depth of 8" to allow for the placement of the Geoweb. The area involved is approximately 10 feet wide and 600 feet long starting from the bike trail at the Northwest corner of Allessandro Island and extending across the sand to the water's edge allowing for the Mon Ark utility boat to transport the septic pumper to this location and offload and traverse the sand to the paved bike trail allowing for vehicular access and pumping of the sewage vaults. This new site was chosen rather than extending the existing service road because of the underwater topography of the lake at the current pool depth. Due to the shallow water in the approach route the utility boat cannot pull close enough to the shore to offload the truck in the location of the existing service road. The hull of the service boat hits the lake bottom far out from the shore. The proposed site has a steeper approach allowing the utility boat to drive up to the shore unimpeded. The California Natural Diversity Database and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife website has been researched and no threatened or endangered species will be affected by these projects. A State Park archaeologist has confirmed that no cultural resources will be affected by this project.
- Contact Information
California Department of Boating and Waterways
2000 Evergreen Street, Suite 100
Sacramento, CA 95815-3888
Phone : (916) 263-8138
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15311
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project is placement of minor structure (Geoweb) for vehicular access to existing facilities on Allessandro Island.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.