Roof Runoff System Project at the Renner Dairy
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Humboldt County Resource Conservation District
- Document Title
- Roof Runoff System Project at the Renner Dairy
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Dairy Facility located at 1312 Pleasant Road, Ferndale, CA 95536 (APN 106-031-19) is proposing to implement an agricultural enhancement project with funding granted by the Humboldt County Resource Conservation District (HCRCD) Dairy Grant Program. The Dairy Grant Program is funded by the State Water Resources Board (SWRCB) through Proposition 50 and provides cost share assistance for the implementation of projects located on Humboldt County Dairies. Projects funded under the Dairy Grant Program are intended to improve dairy management operations while protecting surrounding water resources. The proposed project described herein received a priority ranking in June 2007 by the HCRCD Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) and was approved for funding by the HCRCD Board of Directors and the SWRCB. The proposed project includes the installation of 840 feet of gutters with downspouts on two existing barn structures on the subject parcel. In addition, the proposed project will include the installation of two 8-inch diameter PVC underground discharge pipes that will convey the collected rainwater from each barn to the adjacent pasture. Each buried discharge pipe will be approximately 400 feet in length and will be laid in a 30-inch deep and approximately 10 inch wide trench. The trench will be backfilled with native soil and all disturbed areas will be seeded with a pasture seed mix. A total of 27,952 square feet of roof will be guttered. Currently, a majority of this rainwater, after becoming contaminated with dairy waste, is directed to an existing waste storage facility. By diverting the rainwater prior to becoming contaminated, the required storage volume will be decreased. The proposed project will integrate into the manure collection, storage, and distribution system at the dairy facility and is important in protecting adjacent water resources. The roof runoff system has been designed in accordance to the United States Department of Agriculture - Natural Resource Conservation Service (USDA-NRCS) Standards and Specifications and is proposed for implementation during the fall of 2007.
- Contact Information
Humboldt County Resource Conservation District
5630 South Broadway
Eureka, CA 95503
Phone : (707) 442-6058 ext. 116
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- (1) The proposed project includes the installation of 840 feet of gutters with downspouts to two existing barn structures on the subject parcel. A total of 27,952 square feet of roof will be guttered. The proposed project will integrate into the manure collection, storage, and distribution system at the dairy facility. The installation of gutters on existing private structures is a minor exterior alteration, and this work clearly fits within the description of the Class 1 Categorical Exemption. (2) The proposed project entails no exceptions to categorical exemptions. One of the barns may be considered a historic structure, however, the proposed project will not adversely affect the historic integrity of the structure, nor will the distant viewshed by impacted.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.