Roof Runoff System Project at the Fern Valley Goats Dairy
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Humboldt County Resource Conservation District
- Document Title
- Roof Runoff System Project at the Fern Valley Goats Dairy
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project will occur in two phases of construction for two roof structures over an existing concrete coral heavy use area. The first phase of work will occur this fall and will include the installation of a 50 x 90 foot pre-fabricated metal roof covering. The new roof will include the installation of gutters, associated downspouts connected to a new buried discharge pipe during the fall of 2007. The installation of the 8 inch diameter PVC underground discharge pipe will allow for collected rainwater from the roof structure to be conveyed to the adjacent pasture. The buried discharge pipe will be approximately 115 feet in length and will be laid in a 30 inch deep and approximately 10 inch wide trench. The trench will be backfilled with native soil and all disturbed areas will be seeded with a pasture seed mix. The second phase of work on the larger roof will occur in the summer of 2008. The second phase of work will include 75 x 90 foot pre-fabricated metal roof and will also include gutters with downspouts connected to the 8-inch buried discharge pipe.
- Contact Information
Humboldt County Resource Conservation District
5630 South Broadway
Eureka, CA 95503
Phone : (707) 442-6058 ext. 116
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sections 15301 and 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- (1) The proposed project will occur in two phases of construction for two roof structures over an existing concrete coral. The first and second phases of work include installing a 50 x 90 foot and 75 x 90 foot pre-fabricated roof covering, respectively. The new roofs will include the installation of gutters and associated downspouts connected to a new buried discharge pipe. The proposed project will integrate into the manure collection, storage, and distribution system at the dairy facility. The installation of gutters on existing private structures is a minor exterior alteration, and this work clearly fits within the Class 1 Categorical Exemption. (2) A buried discharge pipe, approximately 115 feet long, will be laid in a 30-inch deep and approximately 10-inch wide trench. The trench will be backfilled with native soil and all disturbed areas will be seeded with a pasture seed mix. This is a relatively minor trenching and backfilling activity where the surface is restored, and this work clearly fits within the Class 4 Categorical Exemption. (3) The proposed project entails no exceptions to categorical exemptions.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.