Underground Irrigation Mainline Project at the Darren Hanson Dairy
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Humboldt County Resource Conservation District
- Document Title
- Underground Irrigation Mainline Project at the Darren Hanson Dairy
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This proposed project includes the installation of approximately 1,050 feet of 4-inch diameter Class 160 PVC underground irrigation mainline for the purpose of irrigation water conveyance and liquefied manure application. The proposed underground mainline will provide the ability to convey irrigation water from an existing irrigation well as liquefied manure from an existing dairy waste storage facility. The liquefied manure will be utilized for fertilizing approximately 30 acres of pasture.
- Contact Information
Humboldt County Resource Conservation District
5630 South Broadway
Eureka, CA 95503
Phone : (707) 442-6058 ext. 116
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Sections 15303 and 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- (1) The proposed project includes the installation of approximately 1,050 feet of 4-inch diameter Class 160 PVC underground irrigation mainline for the purpose of irrigation water conveyance and liquefied manure application. This is an extension of the Dairy Facility's irrigation water conveyance and liquefied manure application systems, and this work clearly fits within the description of the Class 3 Categorical Exemption. (2) The proposed pipeline will be laid in a trench with a typical depth and width of approximately 30 inches and 6 inches, respectively. The trench will be backfilled with native soil and all disturbed areas will be seeded with a pasture seed mix. This is a relatively minor trenching and backfilling activity where the surface is restored, and this work clearly fits within the description of the Class 4 Categorical Exemption. (3) The proposed project entails no exceptions to categorical exemptions.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.