Shandon Community Plan Update LRP2003-00004 ED07-167
NOP - Notice of Preperation
Present Land Use
Agriculture, Residential Single Family, Residential Suburban, Residential Rural, Recreation, Commercial Retail and Commercial Service/Flood Hazard.
The proposed project is a comprehensive update of the Community Plan for the Shandon Urban Area of the Shandon-Carrizo Area Plan to:
1. Determine the areas where Shandon will grow within the Study Area. This will include expanding the URL (a 20-year growth boundary) and conceptualizing land use and circulation plans for the growth beyond 20-years;
2. Identify an expected population
3. Amend land use categories within the existing and expanded URL;
4. Amend combining designations (zoning overlays for sensitive resources, hazardous, and other special features) with the study Area;
5. Identify circulation, infrastructure and utilities and needs for the community, including a wastewater treatment facility, and develop policies, phasing and financing plan to implement those needs;
6. Create community design guidelines and development standards that reflect the project objectives and address the mitigation measures identified in the Environmental Impact Report;
7. Establish implementation programs;
8. The project may include the preparation of specific plans (consistent with Government Code sections 65450 and 65457) for the Fallingstar (Phase 1) and MZIRP properties, and establish criteria for future development on other properties including the Peck Ranch Trust property;
9. Assess the potential for development of new business, service and employment opportunities and alternatives in Shandon; and,
10. Prepare and EIR for the Shandon Community Plan Update.
Cal FireCalifornia Department of Fish and Wildlife, Central Region 4California Department of Parks and RecreationCalifornia Department of Transportation, District 5California Highway PatrolCalifornia Regional Water Quality Control Board, Central Coast Region 3Department of Housing and Community DevelopmentDepartment of Toxic Substances ControlOffice of Emergency Services, CaliforniaOffice of Historic PreservationResources AgencyCalifornia Native American Heritage CommissionCalifornia Department of ConservationDepartment of Water Resources
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.