Construction of Small Management Yards (SMY) at Existing Correctional Faciities
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
- Document Title
- Construction of Small Management Yards (SMY) at Existing Correctional Faciities
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDCR currently manages Adminstrative Segregation Housing Units (ASU) at 32 of its 34 institutions. ASUs are programmatically designed to provide for the short-term placement of inmates whose "presence in the general population presents an immediate threat to the safety of the inmate or others, endangers institution security, or jeopardizes the integrity of an investigation of an alleged serious misconduct or criminal activity".
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Road, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-2162
- Kern Los Angeles Sacramento Solano
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15303 - Class 3
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project invovles the installation of a limited number of new small management yards, (SMY) for inmate exercise, within the existing secure perimeter of the prison on currently paved area, that involves negligible or no permanent effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.