Approval of Water Right Application 30931 and Petition to Change Water Right License 4982 (Application 14842)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Approval of Water Right Application 30931 and Petition to Change Water Right License 4982 (Application 14842)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Applicant/Petitioner filed Water Right Application 30931 on August 18, 1999 and a Petition to Change Water Right License 4982 on October 18, 2004. The application seeks to authorize collection of storage of 82 acre-feet per annum (afa) of water for recreation and fire protection. Collection will take place in two reservoirs. Seventy-four acre-feet will be held in an existing 122 acre-foot capacity reservoir, Lowe Reservoir. The remaining capacity of Lowe Reservoir is already authorized under License 4928 (Application 14842). The remaining 8 acre-feet sought under Application 30391 will be held in a second existing reservoir, Frog Reservoir. The petition to change License 4982 seeks to delete irrigation as a purpose of use and to add stockwatering, recreation, fire protection and fish and wildlife enhancement as purposes of use. Approval of the application and petition will collectively: (1) authorize a total of 130 acre-feet of storage in two existing reservoirs; and (2) result in a net decrease in the amount of water authorized to be withdrawn and used from four sources.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Water Rights
1001 I Street, 14th Floor P.O. Box 2000
Sacramento, CA 95812-2000
Phone : (916) 341-5304
- Other Location Info
- Unnamed streams tributary to Maacama Creek thence Russian River.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- 1. The project involves permitting of existing reservoirs. Both reservoirs were constructed to their present state prior to the start of the Lead Agency's environmental review and do not involve an expansion in use beyond that which existed at the time the Lead Agency began its environmental review. 2. The project will not cause significant adverse impacts on any sensitive environment and will not result in significant cumulative impacts. 3. There are no unresolved protests.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.