Yosemite Shore Line Boxcar Cover
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Yosemite Shore Line Boxcar Cover
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Construct a temporary shed over the Yosemite Short Line Boxcar, a historic wooden boxcar located within the park. The purpose of the roof is to cover and protect the historic relic from further damage and deterioration caused by the elements of weather. Work includes installing 8 vertical wooden posts set 24" deep in concrete footings; building a new wooden-framed roof structure measuring 336 sq. ft. in size and supported on vertical posts; and covering the framing with corrugated steel sheeting to form a roof consistent with the architectural style of the adjacent historic buildings.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 323-7272
- Other Location Info
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of constructing a small accessory structure for the purpose of stabilizing an existing historic resource. The work will be conducted in a manner consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties, wtih Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring, and Reconstructing Historic Buildings.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.