Hazardous Tree (Monterey pine) Removal Program, Gill Tract, Albany, CA
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- University of California, Berkeley
- Document Title
- Hazardous Tree (Monterey pine) Removal Program, Gill Tract, Albany, CA
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- A stand of more than 400 Monterey pine trees on University property at the Gill Tract, Albany, CA, is infected with pitch canker. Pitch canker is not currently curable and causes tree branches, and often ultimately trees, to die. The Hazardous Tree Removal Program for the Gill Tract requires review of trees at the Gill Tract against criteria for tree removal established by one or more certified arborists in association with a UC Berkeley research specialist in conifer mortality.
- Contact Information
University of California, Berkeley
Capitol Projects Physical & Environmental Planning 300A & E Building, #1382
Berkeley, CA 94720
Phone : (510) 642-7720
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304 - Class 4
- Reasons for Exemption
- Involves the removal of diseased trees for safety reasons.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.