Burrtec Materials Recovery Facility
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Santa Clarita, City of (City of Santa Clarita)
- Document Title
- Burrtec Materials Recovery Facility
- Document Type
- NOP - Notice of Preparation
- Present Land Use
- The City of Santa Clarita's General Plan identifies the northern portion of the project site's General Plan/Zoning designation as RL. (Residential Low). The southern portion of the project site has a General Plan/Zoning designation of BP (Business Park).
- Document Description
- The applicant, Burrtec Waste Industries, is requesting approval of a municipal solid waste Materials Recovery Facility and Transfer Station to serve the waste recycling and transfer needs of the City of Santa Clarita and surrounding unincorporated communities. Permitted daily tonnage of the facility will be 3,000 tons per day of municipal solid waste, recyclables, greenwaste, and construction/demolition wastes. The northern portion of the project site has a General Plan and Zoning designation of RL (Residential Low). The southern portion of the project site has a General Plan and Zoning designation of BP (Business Park). The applicant is requesting to change the General Plan and Zoning designation of the entire project site to IC (Industrial Commercial). The project site consists of three parcels totaling 75.11 acres. The project would be developed in two phases. Phase I of the project facility would be developed with an 80,000 square foot MRF building and a 40,000 square foot Waste Transfer Station, a 6,000 square foot administration building attached to the north side of the MRF and a 6,000 square foot maintenance facility immediately north of the main facility. Phase II of the project would allow for the addition of up to 40,000 square feet of floor area to the Transfer Station.
- Contact Information
City of Santa Clarita
23920 Valencia Boulevard, Suite 300
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Phone : (661) 255-4330
- Santa Clarita
- Los Angeles
- Cross Streets
- W. SR 14, Sierra Hwy, Placerita Canyon Rd. & Golden Valley Rd.
- Total Acres
- Parcel #
- 2842-004-020,027 & 028
- State Highways
- Golden Valley High,La Mesa Jr. High,Valley View Elem.
Notice of Completion
- Review Period Start
- Review Period End
- Development Type
- Industrial (172,000 Sq. Ft., 75.11 Acres, 100 Employees)
- Local Action
- General Plan Amendment Rezone Other Action Other Action: CUP, Oak Tree, Ridgeline Alteration Permits
- Project Issues
- Aesthetic/Visual Agricultural Land Air Quality Archaeologic-Historic Drainage/Absorption Economics/Jobs Fiscal Impacts Forest Land/Fire Hazard Geologic/Seismic Minerals Noise Population/Housing Balance Public Services Sewer Capacity Soil Erosion/Compaction/Grading Solid Waste Toxic/Hazardous Traffic/Circulation Vegetation Water Quality Water Supply Wetland/Riparian Wildlife Land Use Cumulative Effects
- Reviewing Agencies
- Air Resources Board, Major Industrial Projects California Department of Conservation California Department of Parks and Recreation California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Los Angeles Region 4 Department of Toxic Substances Control Department of Water Resources Office of Historic Preservation Resources Agency California Highway Patrol California Department of Transportation, District 7 Resources, Recycling and Recovery California Native American Heritage Commission California Department of Fish and Wildlife, South Coast Region 5
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.