Housing Upgrade - Hastings Natural Reserve
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- University of California, Berkeley
- Document Title
- Housing Upgrade - Hastings Natural Reserve
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project has three parts. First, the Housing Upgrade effort would focus on the Ranch House (built in 1900) and the School House (built in 1929). The project would also make improvements to the Hastings Cabin and the Hallisey House. The second part of the proposed project would demolish an ~600 sf board and bat summer cabin, existing at the Hastings Natural Reserve since the 1930s, known as the Red House, and replace this building with two modern ADA compliant modular homes. A third element of the proposed project would provide funds for a contract with AT&T to condition the underground phone lines installed along Carmel Valley Road from mile marker 19.2 to mile marker 26.0 to allow an upgrade to T1 capacity.
- Contact Information
University of California, Berkeley
Capitol Projects Physical & Environmental Planning 300A & E Building, #1382
Berkeley, CA 94720
Phone : (510) 642-7720
- Other Location Info
- Carmel Valley
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed housing upgrade is exempt because the net addition of 1,000 sf is exempt, as replacement of existing facilities in an area that already has public services and is not environmentaly sensitive; the new and renovated structures and upgraded communications infrastructure will have substantially the same purpose and use as existing facilities.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.