Students and Teachers Restoring A Watershed- 1) Gale Ranch, 2) Graham Ranch, 3) Jablons Ranch, and 4) Thacher Ranch (Projects); Grant Agreement No. 06-246-552-0
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Students and Teachers Restoring A Watershed- 1) Gale Ranch, 2) Graham Ranch, 3) Jablons Ranch, and 4) Thacher Ranch (Projects); Grant Agreement No. 06-246-552-0
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The applicant is implementing the STRAW project, which involves several restoration projects that will be implemented over a 4-year period. This NOE is applicable to all four projects: 1) Gale Ranch, 2) Graham Ranch, 3) Jablons Ranch, and 4) Thacher Ranch. These projects involve restoring riparian habitat and reducing streambank erosion by planting native plant species, and monitoring plant survival rates and sedimentation levels within tributary creeks (Walker Creek, Stemple Creek, and Estero de San Antonio Creek) of the Walker Creek Watershed.
- Contact Information
Michelle Jones / Lisa Lee
State Water Resources Control Board, Financial Assistance
1001 I Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : 916-341-6983 /916-327-9401
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304, 15306, 15333
- Reasons for Exemption
- These Projects involve: 1) providing watershed education, 2) basic training in basic water quality tests, 3) assistance in bird studies, 4) maintaining rural planting sites, 5) planting with native plant species, and 6) monitoring plant survival rates over a 3 year period. In addition to the above activities, the Graham Ranch project will also involve monitoring 2 cross sections for changes in elevation.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.