Spring Valley Parkway Re-Alignment
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Victorville, City of (City of Victorville)
- Document Title
- Spring Valley Parkway Re-Alignment
- Document Type
- MND - Mitigated Negative Declaration
- Present Land Use
- Land Use: Office Prof., High Density Res., Commercial Zoning: High Density-Transitional, Administrative Proffesional- Transitional, General Commercial- Transitional.
- Document Description
- This project will consist of re-aligning approximately 1,500 LF of existing roadway to improve current traffic circulation, decrease congestion, accidents and mitigate traffic impacts due to future development. Ultimately this project will ensure the safety of our citizens by eliminating the two offset intersections and creating a four way intersection at the Peach Avenue and Bear Valley Road intersection. The re-alignment will be done on the southern portion of the existing Spring Valley Parkway, from the San Bernardino County (SBC) boundary line, located approximately 500 feet south from Huerta Street, to Bear Valley Road. This project will provide a new five-lane road, two lanes in each direction plus a middle two-way left turn lane. Peach Avenue is located approximately 500 ft west from the existing Spring Valley Parkway/Bear Valley Road intersection. The existing roadway will not be fully decommissioned. Right turning movements from Bear Valley Road westbound onto Spring Valley Parkway as well as right turning movements from the existing Spring Valley Parkway southbound will be allowed. All other turning movements will not be allowed by re-stripping and tapering. In addition, the current traffic signal at Spring Valley Parkway and Bear Valley Road will be relocated to the proposed Peach Avenue intersection. The Project will go through vacant privately owned property for which the City will obtain right of way.
- Contact Information
John A. McGlade
City of Victorville
14343 Civic Drive
Victorville, CA 92393
Phone : (760) 955-5160
- San Bernardino
- Cross Streets
- Bear Valley Road, Spring Valley Parkway, Francesca Rd. and Lindero Rd.
- State Highways
- Interstate 15
- BNSF Railway Company
- Victor Elementary School District
- Mojave River
- 34, 35
Notice of Completion
- Review Period Start
- Review Period End
- Development Type
- Transportation:Local Road (Re-Alignment of 1,500 ft of road)
- Local Action
- Other Action Other Action: Public Works, Road Const.
- Project Issues
- Air Quality Biological Resources Noise Soil Erosion/Compaction/Grading Toxic/Hazardous Water Quality
- Reviewing Agencies
- California Department of Parks and Recreation California Department of Transportation, District 8 California Highway Patrol California Public Utilities Commission Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 6 Department of Water Resources Office of Historic Preservation Resources Agency California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Lahontan Victorville Region 6 California Native American Heritage Commission
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.