Purchase and Operation of a Mercury Recovery Vacuum System
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- Document Title
- Purchase and Operation of a Mercury Recovery Vacuum System
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Metropolitan will purchase and operate a Mercury Recovery Vacuum System. The vacuum would be used as necessary to recover small amounts of spilled mercury resulting from situations including, but not limited to: damaged electrical switches, broken thermostats, and broken thermometers. The recovered mercury would be handled and disposed of by a licensed hazardous waste hauler under contract with Metropolitan.
- Contact Information
Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
P.O. Box 54153
Los Angeles, CA 90054-0153
Phone : (213) 217-6310
- Los Angeles Riverside San Bernardino San Diego Ventura
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15330
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project consists of the operation, repair, maintenance, permitting, leasing, or minor alteration of existing public or private structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, or topographic features, involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination. The proposed project consists of any minor cleanup actions taken to prevent, minimize, stabilize, mitigate, or eliminate the release or threat of release of a hazardous waste or substances, which are small or medium removal actions consisting of $1 million or less.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.