Antelope Creek Fish Habitat Improvement Project, Edwards Property, Deer Creek, Tributary to the Sacramento River
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Antelope Creek Fish Habitat Improvement Project, Edwards Property, Deer Creek, Tributary to the Sacramento River
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project proposes the construction of a new fish ladder as an integral part of the Edwards dam. The ladder will be a 32-foot long modified pool and chute type fish ladder with a five-foot rise. Additionally, the dam will be resurfaced with cement in order to repair damage and minimize attraction flows over degraded sections of the dam.
- Contact Information
California Department of Fish and Game
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (530) 528-9406
- Other Location Info
- Los Molinos
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The new fish ladder will improve the ability of andromous fish to migrate upstream. In order to avoid impacts to spring and fall run Chinook salmon, Central Valley steelhead, nesting songbirds, bald eagles; and other raptors of special concern, construction will begin in mid-June and end by November 1. To avoid impacts to riparian habitat, existing roads will be used to access the project site, and no vegetation will be removed or disturbed. Therefore, the project will have no significant effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.