Application for a Temporary Permit to Appropriate Water from the Carmel River
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Application for a Temporary Permit to Appropriate Water from the Carmel River
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- MPWMD proposes to directly divert water at a maximum rate of 4.5 cubic feet per second (cfs) with an annual limit of 650 acre-feet (af) of water for injection into the Seaside groundwater basin using the Santa Margarita Test Injection Well, Paso Robles Test Injection well, and the Ord Grove #1 Well. The existing diversion facilities include 19 wells located within the four sub-aquifers of the Carmel River. This project does not involve new construction or development of water diversion facilities. The purpose of use is the continuation of a conjunctive use pilot study to evaluate the feasibility of injecting, storing and later extracting water from underground storage in the Seaside groundwater basin. In addition to groundwater recharge, water will be used for municipal purposes within the boundaries of the MPWMD.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
Division of Water Rights P.O. Box 2000
Sacramento, CA 95812-2000
Phone : (916) 341-5438
- Other Location Info
- Monterey Peninsula Water Management District (MPWMD)
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15262
- Reasons for Exemption
- 1. The project involves only feasibility or planning studies. 2. The project does not involve the adoption of a plan that will have a legally binding effect on later activities. 3. Environmental factors have been taken into consideration and the project will have a less-than-significant effect on the environment. 4. Specific mitigation measures will be included as permit terms in the Permit issued by the State Water Board, under the State Water Board's public trust authority.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.