Leasing of New Modular Trailer at North Kern State Prison (NKSP)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
- Document Title
- Leasing of New Modular Trailer at North Kern State Prison (NKSP)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project involves installing a newly built modular trailer to provide space for an Office of Substance Abuse Treatment Program. The modular trailer will provide approximately 4,899 square feet of office, treatment and program space for treatment of existing inmates. Existing staff at NKSP will work at the SATU. The modular trailer will be constructed off-site and installed by contract staff or by inmate day labor staff. CDCR will lease the facility for several years and will eventually purchase the modular unit. There is adequate capacity available for electricity, water, gas, wastewater, and refuse removal services to meet the needs of the project.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
501 J Street, Suite 312 P.O. Box 942883
Sacramento, CA 94283-0001
Phone : (916) 323-0731
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15327(a)
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project involves installing a seven wide modular trailer unit on prison grounds and will not have a permanent effect on the environment. This project shall not result in a traffic increase of greater than 10% on front access road capacity since the staff currently works at the prison. There is adequate parking for employees and visitors.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.