Call Mountain Lookout - Demolition
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Forestry and Fire Protection, Department of (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection)
- Document Title
- Call Mountain Lookout - Demolition
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- CDF intends to demolish the dilapidated Call Mountain Lookout tower because in it current condition the facility is a hazard, is in poor repair and constitutes an inviting nuisance to members of the public. Demolition will occur as soon as funding is available and when practical; April through October for accessibility as roads are native surfaced. CDF personnel, inmate crews and/or contractors will conduct the demolition. The project will be confined to the curtilage of the lookout tower, all on State-owned land. Materials and equipment will be staged on the short spur road off the main access road and in the immediate area of the tower itself - no undisturbed land will be disturbed as a result of the project implementation. The site is not readily accessible to the public; it is 5 miles off of a paved road and behind locked gates.
- Contact Information
Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
San Benito-Monterey Unit 2221 Garden Road
Monterey, CA 93940
Phone : (831) 333-2600
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- CCR 15301 authorizes the demolition of small structures. Historic building issues have been addressed and fully mitigated in the CDF's Historic Resource Management Plan and EIR (2001). The demolition has the concurrence of CDF's Archaeologist. Standard measures will be used to contain the asbestos, rodent droppings and potential lead based paint.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.