Expansion of an Existing Electrical Substation at Deuel Vocational Institution (DVI)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
- Document Title
- Expansion of an Existing Electrical Substation at Deuel Vocational Institution (DVI)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- DVI proposes to increase its current electrical capacity from 2.5 MW to 6.4 MW by upgrading the existing electrical substation. The existing onsite substation cannot accommodate the additional load needed to operate the proposed new Reverse Osmosis (RO) Water Treatment Facility scheduled for construction in the fall 2006. The proposed conceptual scope of work for the electrical substation is outlined in the Pacific Gas and Electric's (PG&E) Draft Facilities Study Report, dated June 19, 2006. PG&E Land Services has determined that no land work will be required for their part of this project. DVI proposes to build its own 60/4.16 V substation adjacent to the existing substation and remove the PG&E facilities after completion of the project. The proposed project would not cause any new normal or emergency overloads on the PG&E system. To serve the DVI substation, PG&E will connect the new substation to the existing 60 kV line and change relay settings at three PG&E substations. DVI will construct, own and operate the 60/4.616 kV substation with a new 7.5/9.5 MVA transformer. The transmission line work involves terminating existing conductors to the new pull-off structure and removing excess poles, conductors and devices. In additional work described in PG&E's report, the project includes upgrading existing switchgear and providing a new connection to the proposed RO facility. The connection to the RO facility will be a typical pole line design. The new line will run along existing service roads up to RO project site. A copy of the PG&E Facility Report is available for review upon request by calling (916) 323-0731.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
501 J Street, Suite 312 P.O. Box 942883
Sacramento, CA 94283-0001
Phone : (916) 323-0731
- San Joaquin
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15301(c), 15303(d)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is exempt pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Section 15301(c) because the project involves expanding an existing electrical substation facility. The upgraded substation will not result in an increase of more than 10,000 square feet. The project is in an area where all public services and facilities are available and the project site is not environmentally sensitive. The project is exempt pursuant to CEQA Guidelines Section 15303(d) because the proposed project provides electrical improvements to an existing facility of reasonable length need to accommodate load capacity requirements for a proposed RO facility. The project does not involve using significant amount of hazardous substances.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.