Phase II - Sediment Remedial Action, Surface Water and Sediment Operable Unit, McCormick & Baxter Superfund Site, Stockton, California
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley), Sacramento
- Document Title
- Phase II - Sediment Remedial Action, Surface Water and Sediment Operable Unit, McCormick & Baxter Superfund Site, Stockton, California
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Lead Agency (the United States Environmental Protection Agency [USEPA]) determined that there was a risk to ecological receptors from the contaminated sediments in Mormon Slough. As described in the "Record of Decision, McCormick and Baxter Superfund Site, Stockton, California" dated March 31, 1999, the USEPA evaluated various remedial alternatives to address the contaminated sediments in Old Mormon Slough. Capping with clean sand was selected as the most effective remedy. Clean sand will be used to construct an underwater cap over the contaminated sediments as the Old Mormon Slough. This sediment cap will isolate the contaminated sediments from both aquatic benthic organisms and the overlying water column, minimizing further contact between the contaminated sediments and these organisms.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 5 (Central Valley),
11020 Sun Center Drive, Suite 200
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 464-4651
- San Joaquin
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15268
- Reasons for Exemption
- This is a federal project, but not a "project" as defined by CEQA. No State agency is carrying out the project nor approving the project (Public Resource Code Section 21065 and 21080(a)). The Regional Water Quality Control Board, Central Valley Region and the Department of Toxic Substances Control are commenting on the project, but the United States Environmental Protection Agency has authority to proceed without State comment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.