Carmel Lagoon Interpretive Shelters & Signs Installation
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Carmel Lagoon Interpretive Shelters & Signs Installation
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Project involves installing interpretive shelters and exhibits at the Carmel River State Beach parking area at the end of Carmelo Road. One standard interpretive shelter will be installed near the restroom and three low-profile interpretive exhibit display frames will be installed on the other side of the lot near the lagoon. Installation will involve excavation of eight post holes, 36 inches in depth or less. All work will be done on existing paved surfaces. No natural or cultural resources will be impacted and all work will be done on park property.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
Monterey District 2211 Garden Road
Monterey, CA 93940
Phone : (831) 649-2980
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15303
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project involves the construction and installation of a limited number of small new structures and is included as "interpretive signing or panels" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR § 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.