Safety-Kleen Systems, Sacramento Accumulation Center Hazardous Waste Facility Permit Renewal
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Safety-Kleen Systems, Sacramento Accumulation Center Hazardous Waste Facility Permit Renewal
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Safety-Kleen Systems, Incorporated has received a Hazardous Waste Permit to continue its hazardous waste operation at the Sacramento Accumulation Center (facility). This means that the facility operates the storage of hazardous wastes in one underground (15,000 gallons mineral spirit tank), in the Drum/Container Storage Area (22,500 gallons). The facility also operates the Return and Fill Unit in which the drums or containers are emptied and washed for reuse. Additionally, the facility's operation includes a truck to truck transfer which takes place in a designated area equipped with proper secondary containment and other protective measures. This was approved as a permit modification in June 2003. The facility also operates a container to truck transfer operation from the Return and Fill Unit. The Permit also allows the facility to add a roll-off dumpster and ramp which will be used for truck cleanout. The Permit also authorizes the facility to operate two above-ground storage tanks (24,650 and 12,400 gallons) for used oil and anti-freeze storage.
- Contact Information
James M. Pappas
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Northern California Permits & Corrective Action Branch 8800 Cal Center Drive
Sacramento, CA 95826
Phone : (916) 255-3574
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Hazardous Waste Facility Permit constitutes minor changes in the operation of an existing hazardous waste storage and transfer facility. It does not change the allowed types of wastes handled or volumes of wastes handled at the facility. The facility is not on the Hazardous Waste and Substances Sites List complied pursuant to Government Code 65962.5 and is not in an area of biological or cultural resource significance.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.