Channel Islands Derelict Fishing Gear Removal Program
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Coastal Conservancy, California State (California State Coastal Conservancy)
- Document Title
- Channel Islands Derelict Fishing Gear Removal Program
- Document Type
- MND - Mitigated Negative Declaration
- Present Land Use
- NA - The project will take place in marine waters that are unzoned.
- Document Description
- The program will coordinate and conduct at-sea removal of lost and abandoned commercial and recreational fishing gear (nets, pots, traps, lines) from state waters in the Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary and Channel Islands National Park, from the intertidal zone out to the 16-fathom isobath.
- Contact Information
California State Coastal Conservancy
1300 Broadway, Suite 1100
Oakland, CA 94612
Phone : (510) 286-1015
- Los Angeles Orange
- Other Location Info
- Project is in marine waters of the coast of LA and Orange Counties.
Notice of Completion
- Review Period Start
- Review Period End
- Development Type
- Other (Removal of derelict fishing gear)
- Local Action
- Other Action Other Action: Conservation Activity
- Project Issues
- Aesthetic/Visual Air Quality Archaeologic-Historic Biological Resources Coastal Zone Noise Public Services Toxic/Hazardous Water Quality Cumulative Effects
- Reviewing Agencies
- California Coastal Commission California Department of Fish and Wildlife, South Coast Region 5 California Department of Parks and Recreation California Department of Transportation, District 7 California Native American Heritage Commission California State Lands Commission Department of Fish and Wildlife, Marine Region Department of Toxic Substances Control Department of Water Resources Office of Historic Preservation Resources Agency San Gabriel and Lower Los Angeles Rivers and Mountains Conservancy State Water Resources Control Board, Divison of Financial Assistance California Department of Transportation, District 12
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.