Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Restroom Replacement and Remodel - Beach Side
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Replace existing restroom, remodel a second existing restroom, and provide associated utility and path of travel improvements to meet Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) standards. Work includes:
Day Use Restroom Replacement: Tear down existing restroom and replace with new unisex restroom on the same site.
- Rehabilitate exterior shower area and provide two free-standing ADA-compliant exterior showers. Address drainage for the showers as required.
- Rehabilitate two existing adjacent picnic sites and benches to make ADA-compliant, and provide ADA-compliant drinking fountain.
- Regrade/repave path of travel from existing ADA-compliant parking to the new restroom and the existing freeway underpass to make ADA compliant.
North Restroom Remodel: Modify existing restroom to provide additional ADA compliant toilet stations:
- Add four additional ADA-compliant toilets by converting existing dressing rooms.
- Replace existing outdoor showers with two free-standing ADA-compliant exterior showers. Address drainage for the showers as required.
- Modify path of travel from existing ADA campsite to remodeled restroom to make ADA compliant.
- Modify exterior sink for ADA compliance and provide ADA-compliant drinking fountain.
South Tunnel Park of Travel: Modify the path of travel for the south tunnel to make both the ocean and bay sides of the tunnel ADA compliant.
Utilities: Install 250 feet of new electrical line.
All subsurface work will be monitored by a DPR-qualified archaeologist.
Project consists of the minor alteration of existing structures and features involving negligible expansion beyond current use and is included as "modification of existing facilities for handicap access" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities, in accordance with CCR 15300.4; and replacement of existing structures and facilities where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced.