Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Landsburg House Repairs
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Repair the historic Landsburg House at Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park to preserve a historic resource. Work will:
- Remove non-historic metal roof panels and re-roof with original type cedar shingles.
- Repair roof sheathing.
- Repair/replace dry rot damaged foundation support members.
- Repair/replace dry rot damaged porch structure.
- Repair dry rot damaged window frames and doors.
- Repairs to exterior siding and skirting.
- Install foundation support concrete blocks.
Project consists of the repair and preservation of historical resources, in a manner consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties with Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring, and Reconstructing Historic Buildings (1995), Weeks and Grimmer and basic (archaeological) data collection and resource evaluation activities, which do not result in a serious or major disturbance to an environmental resource.