Inspiration Horse Excavation (05/06-CD-19)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Inspiration Horse Excavation (05/06-CD-19)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Excavation and recovery of vertebrate fossils, identified as a fully articulated posterior thoracic, lumbar and sacral vertebrae, and pelvic girdle of an extinct horse. Excavation is necessary for the protection and conservation of these very significant fossil specimen. The fossils are exposed in the wall of an actively badlands wash, and are adjacent to a well traveled dirt road, which could result in damage by the public.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (760) 767-4315
- San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15304, 15306 - Class 4 & 6
- Reasons for Exemption
- No potential for significant impacts to the environment is anticipated.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.