Geotechnical Testing for Two Overlapping PSUSD School Sites
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Palm Springs Unified School District
- Document Title
- Geotechnical Testing for Two Overlapping PSUSD School Sites
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- PSUSD wishes to construct a temporary trench for the purposes of geotechnical testing to identify the possible location of an earthquake fault for a potential elementary school site. The PSUSD anticipates digging a fault investigation trench across the sites to a depth of 20-30 feet - the trench will be backfilled as soon as testing is completed. The PSUSD will benefit by knowing if the overlapping sites are suitable for school facilities.
- Contact Information
Palm Springs Unified School District
980 E. Tahquitz Canyon Way, Suite 202
Palm Springs, CA 92262-0119
Phone : (760) 416-6113
- Desert Hot Springs
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15306
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed action is temporary and will only result in the short-term removal of desert vegetation typical of the area, and the ground surface will be restored as soon as testing is completed. According to the draft Coachella Valley Multiple Species Habitat Conservation Plan, the sites contain no significant biological resources, and a site walkover confirmed the site contains no signficant biological resources, drainage channels, improvements, or other important environmental conditions.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.