Simpson Timber Company, Brainard Facility Levee Repair Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- Simpson Timber Company, Brainard Facility Levee Repair Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Repair of 1600 feet by up to 15 feet of eroded levee. The existing levee will be graded on the top and the bayward face to establish a consistent slope. Geotextile fabric will be placed on the graded soil slope and anchored, at the top and toe. A total of 1,333 cubic yards of 1/2 to 1/4 ton rock slope protection will be placed on the fabric to a depth ranging from two feet (top) and three feet (toe).
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-6723
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15301
- Reasons for Exemption
- Severe winter storms caused high tides and high winds, which severely eroded the levee that separates the Simpson Timber Company, Brainard Facility from the Bay. This situation leaves the levee highly vulnerable to breaching and tidal inundation.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.