Hawver Cave/Cool Quarry Entrance Closure Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Hawver Cave/Cool Quarry Entrance Closure Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Close entrances to the Hawver Cave and mine complex at the Cool Limestone Quarry. This includes closing one portal entry and two air shafts. the Hawver Cave/Cool Limestone Quarry mine complex is located partially within Auburn State Recreation Area (SRA) and partially within the area leased by the U.S. Bureau of Reclamatin to Teichert Aggregates. The underground complex is part natural cave and part excavated mine tunnels.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 988-0205
- El Dorado
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15303 - Class 3
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of the installation of small structures and is included as "fencing and gates" in te Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities, in accordance with CCR 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.