San Onofre SB--Archaeological Testing and Protection of CA-SDI-4413
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- San Onofre SB--Archaeological Testing and Protection of CA-SDI-4413
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project will salvage and protect archaeological remains that are in danger of being lost through natural coastal bluff erosion. A 1 meter test pit will be placed adjacent to and within the trail that traverses the site, the archaeological material will be removed, screened and sorted offsite. Beach Trail 3 South will need to be closed for no more than 5 days during the fieldwork. The closure will not occur during weekends, holidays, or summer. The pit will be refilled when finished.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (619) 220-5300
- San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15306
- Reasons for Exemption
- No potential for significant impacts to the environment is anticipated. An archaeologist will ensure avoidance of significant impacts to cultural resources. Project will not result in a serious or major disturbance to an environmental resource.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.