Bear Creek Water Right Applications 5648X07 (Partial Assignment); 5648 (Change Petition); 31523
NOP - Notice of Preparation of a Draft EIR
A. Application 5648X07 - An amended petition for Partial Assignment of State Filed Appliction 5648 to:
1) add the Count yof Alpine as co-applicant;
2) delete snowmaking as a purpose of use;
3) increase the direct diversion annual limit from 139+ acre feet per anuum (afa) to 175 afa and reduce the storage amount from 256 afa to 220 afa (the combined direct diversion and storage amount shall not exceed 395 afa);
4) modify the season of diversion, for both direct diversion abd diversion to storage, to October 1 through July 31 of the succeeding yearl and
5) reduce the place of use. The applicants propose to directly divert from Bear creek and to collect water in storage at Bear Lake (Reba Dam) for muinicipal and recreational purposes. The water will be diverted from Bear Creek at Bear Lake and transferred to the existing treatment facility via an existing 12-inch diameter concrete encased steel pipe, with a length of 400 feet. the pipe capacity is 45 cubic feet per second (cfs). municipal use is expected to increase from 3,618 people in 2004 to 6,156 people by 2014.
B. Application 5648 (Change Petition) - Petition to change State-filed Application 5648 to request that:
1) the place of use be chnaged to include the area being served by Lake Alpine Water Company in Alpine County;
2) the purposes of use be modified to include municipal and recreational uses; and
3) approval of a point of diversion or rediversion at Bear Lake within NW1/4 of SW1/4 of Section 7, T7N, R18E, MDB&M;
C. Application 31523 - Application to seek a right to collect water to storage behind the existing Reba Dam (constructed in 1965), whihc is a 70 oot high dam forming the 360 acre foot capacity Bear Lake on-stream reservoir . The reservoir has a surface area of 15 acres. Water will be used for municipal and recreational purposes. Application 31523 is identical to the application accompanying the Partial Assignment for State-filed Application 5648X07.
State Highway 4 in and around the community of Bear Valley, CA
Bear Ceek tributary to Bloods Creek, thence North Fork Stanislaus River, thence Stanislaus River
Sections 7, 8, 12, 13
Notice of Completion
State Review Period Start
State Review Period End
Biological Resources, Hydrology/Water Quality, Public Services, Utilities, Cultural Resources
Cal Fire, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, North Central Region 2 (CDFW), California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS), California Department of Parks and Recreation, California Department of Transportation, District 10 (DOT), California Highway Patrol, California Native American Heritage Commission (NAHC), California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Central Valley Sacramento Region 5 (RWQCB), Resources Agency, State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Loans and Grants, State Water Resources Control Board, Division of Water Rights, Department of Water Resources
Reviewing Agency Comments
Department of Water Resources
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.