GP/Z: Cultural Arts Center/Town Center (Sites 1, 2 & 5), High Density Residential/Planned Development Residential (Site 3) and Urban Center Commercial/Planned Development Commercial (Site 4). Development in the surrounding area consists of commercial, residential, office and community uses.
In brief, the proposed project generally involves demolition of existing structures, modification of unbuilt entitlements, and/or conversion of unbuilt entitlements for the construction of new high-rise residential condominium buildings collectively totaling 1,269 dwelling units, with ancillary commercial/retail uses. Required discretionary approvals are described below:
- General Plan Amendment GP-06-02 - Amendment to Noise and Land Use Elements to allow for high-rise residential development;
- North Costa Mesa Specific Plan Amendment SP-06-02 - Amendments related to high-rise residential development;
- Zoning Code Amendment CO-06-05 - Text amendments to allow for high rise residential developments in specified zones;
- Preliminary and Final Master Plan(s) for high-rise residential development: (a) Site 1, PA-05-53 for Segerstrom Town Center PA-05-53, (b) Site 2, PA-05-52 for Orange County Museum of Art, (c) Site 3, PA-05-47 for Symphony Towers, (d) Site 4, PA-05-48, Californian at Town Center, and (e) Site 5, PA-05-50 for Pacific Arts Plaza.
Bristol Street / Anton Boulevard; Bristol Str/Sunflower Avenue; Avenue of the Arts / Anton Blvd.
I-405/55 Freeway/73 Tollway
John Wayne Airport
Newport Mesa USD
Santa Ana-Delhi Channel
Notice of Determination
City of Costa Mesa
Approving Agency Role
Final Environmental Document Available at
City of Costa Mesa
(1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
(2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
(4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
(5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
(6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.