Clean Fuels Project by Big West of California, LLC.
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Kern County
- Document Title
- Clean Fuels Project by Big West of California, LLC.
- Document Type
- OTH - Other Document
- Present Land Use
- Existing Refinery, M-3 (Heavy Industrial) and HI (Heavy Industrial)
- Document Description
- NOTE: Response to Comments (a) Zone Change to include the PD (Precise Development) Combining Zone District to the existing M-I (Light Industrial), M-2 (Medium Industrial) and M-3 (Heavy Industrial) Industrial Zone Districts; (b) A Conditional Use Permit to allow liquefied petroleum gas storage tanks of more than 2,000 gallons and 9 injection wells for refinery process wastewater; (c) A Zone Variance to allow a 231 foot high cracking unit structure, where 150 feet is the maximum allowed, in an M-3 (Heavy Industrial) District; A Precise Development Plan for the existing Big West Refinery to include the proposed Clean Fuels Project expansion.
- Contact Information
Kern County Planning Department
2700 M Street, Suite 100
Bakersfield, CA 93301
Phone : (661) 862-8624
- 35°21'6"N 119°6'6"W
- Cross Streets
- Fruitvale Avenue and Rosedale Highway
- Total Acres
- Parcel #
- State Highways
- Vista West HS; Quailwood ES; CSU, Bakersfield; Fruitvale JH
- Friant-Kern & Calloway Canal, Kern River
Notice of Completion
- Development Type
- Industrial (625 Acres, 100 Employees)
- Local Action
- Rezone Use Permit Variance Other Action Other Action: Precise Development Plan
- Project Issues
- Air Quality Biological Resources Geologic/Seismic Noise Population/Housing Balance Public Services Toxic/Hazardous Traffic/Circulation Water Quality Water Supply Wildlife Land Use Cumulative Effects
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.