Periodic Removal of Vegetation on Metropolitan Property in Southwestern Riverside County
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- Document Title
- Periodic Removal of Vegetation on Metropolitan Property in Southwestern Riverside County
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (Metropolitan) proposes to periodically remove vegetation on property owned by Metropolitan in southwestern Riverside County. This project includes removal of vegetation in Metropolitan's Diamond Valley Lake and Lake Skinner conveyance and distribution area. Metropolitan proposes to remove vegetation along the boundaries of its properties, as necessary, in southwestern Riverside County in order to reduce the fire hazard. Methods for vegetation removal include mowing and hand work. The vegetation removal would be performed in areas that do not contain sensitive resources.
- Contact Information
Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
P.O. Box 54153
Los Angeles, CA 90054
Phone : (213) 217-7658
- Hemet Murrieta San Jacinto Temecula
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Section 15301, 15304
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project consists of the maintenance or minor alteration of existing public structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, or topographical features, involving no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination. The proposed project also consists of minor alterations in the condition of land, water, and/or vegetation which do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.